Monday, January 31, 2005

Ah Sleep..How I Missed Thee


So the last couple of days have been incredibly hectic..but also a lot of fun. I got up at 6 and cooked ribs on Saturday then delivered them the rest of the day until the show. The show Saturday was mnuch better than Friday. Nathan and Amber came to the show and both told me I did very well. I appreciate the compliments coming from people that I have had a falling out with. Then on to Bill and Tracy's. That is the highlight of every weekend now. We went there and watched Distraction. Great show, lots of fun to watch with a group. Then we huddled up on the couch and played Fatal Frame 2. Oh dear God that was fun. We played that until 3 in the morning when I starte to fall asleep. Then we all went to bed. Sarah, Gerard and I shared the sofa bed, Travis and Alyson were on the floor behind us. The arangment on the sofa was Me, Sarah, Gerard. Sarah in the middle. At one point in the night I woke up on my stomach, there was an arm across my back in front of my face and a leg across my butt, knee bent. I was like, "Ahh, that's cute, Sarah wants to cuddle.". Then I looked at the hand, "Gee, Sarah has big hands." Then I looked to my left...it was Gerard. Sarah had moved to the floor. I pushed Gerard off of me and went back to sleep. Good times.

The next day we all got up blurry eyed and happy and went to the show. I thought the show went very well. There were a few minor flaws..but flaws are what makes something perfect. The audience wasn't very receptive. Alicia and Rebecca May came and I heard them laugh like 3 or 4 times. They don't really have distinctive laughs...but when the room is silent ANY NOISE IS DISTINCTIVE. After the show they told us it was very good. Slight awkwardness between Alicia..but not that bad. After the show I found out that one of Alyson's friends Larry came to the show and thought I had a great voice. I think the word beautiful even came into play. I was kinda taken aback. That's the first person that I don't know directly that has said anything that nice about my voice. To make it hit even harder he is a director, writer, actor himself who has been doing theater around here for YEARS. So he knows his shit. Still kinda floating in that comment now.

I rushed home after that, grabbed something to eat, and took a shower. Then back to the theater for Nunsense auditions. We had a really good turn out. And I was very happy that Chris made sure to involve me in the casting process. He asked me what I thought of every person. We were totally 50/50 on casting. We kept several that Chris didn't like a whole lot..that I loved. Call backs are tonight. There will be a lot of new people tonight too. Alyson and I are going to sing when we get there..just for the heck of it. After auditions last night Alyson and I sat in her car for a while and sang some songs..mostly me singing. We listened to Wicked and You're A Good Man Charlie Brown and we have decided that our voices blend really well. She has made it very clear that she would like to play opposite me soon. That makes me very happy. I am very excited to jump headfirst into our next adventure.

Now I gotta go. Lots of stuff to do today. I'll blog later! This blog is way to long as it is to put in the rest of todays events along with the rest of events from this weekend. I'll try to get the rest in there soon.

No comments: