Thursday, January 06, 2005

Switching to Auxilary Christmas Joy Reserves


So I have this theory about the Macy's Parade and why the Universal version is starting to not be so good. Each person is alotted a certain amount of Christmas Joy per year. Once you have used up your amount of joy..it's gone until the following year. It builds up in tiny increments and then your tank is full again just in time for December. Now most people don't use it ALL up..they just get it down till the light comes on and then they run off of fumes for a few months..around march or so they start thinking about presents they can get people and such. Unfortunately this is not the case for the Macy's Parade performer. We put all of our joy into 30 parades in the month of decemeber...we barely have enough left over to enjoy the holiday. Now even people with very little joy can get periodic refills from TV specials such as Rudoplh, Charlie Brown, and such. The Macy's Holiday performer however has to continue long after they are gone...draining their reserves down to nothing. Thus the parade comes up lacking. It's January 6th and we are still dressing up like firemen, bumble bees, pineapples, WHATEVER. Now..we will all recover and come back and do this next year with a full tank of joy and Christmas Cheer...and be very excited about the whole thing. Those last couple of days are just...difficult. So now I am going to my grandmothers so I can take a shower so that I don't stink today during parade. Tonight I get to go to Mythos with Jared, Sandi, Carrie, and maybe some other people. I guess I could start the Friend Encyclopedia...but I am kinda lazy..which sound stupid from a guy who just spent like 15 minutes writing about a tank of Christmas joy. Here Goes...
Jared- Met Jared a couple of years back at Universal. I think our first event together was Macy's Last year...but I can't be sure. He's a great guy..lots of fun to hang out with. Sometimes takes jokes past the acceptable line in conversation with most people..but that's ok..cause I sometimes go there too.
Sandi- I met her 3 years ago at the Macy's Holiday parade. She's a pretty, pretty princess..which I am sure you all noticed in a previous post. Every year we hang out at Macy's and then don't talk very much through the year..then try to decide whose fault it is that we lost touch. It's good times.
Carrie N.-This is another Carrie..not the one that I sorta dated or whatever a while back. I met her at Macy's parade also. She is very pretty..near model level...but also very smart. She has a problem with returning phone calls and that is why we lose touch between events..cause I tend to give up when someone doesn't call me back for 2 months or so.

I will make the rest of the friend entries later...when I have time. Maybe tonight after dinner. I'll Blog Later.

1 comment:

LuLu said...

Yeah. Friend dictionary: good idea. BIG-ASS project.