Sunday, January 09, 2005

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?!?!?


Well I went to auditions today..sick as a dog...pouring every ounce of energy I had into a monologue that I was shakey on. I got a call back to read the Taylor side. I went in and started reading it. Lyle gave me some information on how it should be done. I did what I thought was what he wanted..got about half way through the monologue and he stopped me. Then he said, "Thanks, I think that's all I need to see." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?!?! Am I being concidered...did I blow my chance? I am so confused. Luerne was in the room as the accompaniast. I am going to talk to her later and get her take on my audition. Anyway..off to a Nyquil induced coma I go.

Lyle-Casting director at Universal. We have a very limited relationship. It mostly consists of him sitting across a table from me in a room that is lined with mirrors. I do a monologue. He asks me to read for Taylor..and then I come back to auditions in 3 to 6 months to repeat the process.

Luerne- A.K.A. Lu Lu. She and I met during Halloween Horror Nights XIII. She was my cooridinator in Jurassic Park. We started hanging out after H.H.N was over. Then she got cast as Psuedolus in A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum She is an AMAZING actress and singer. Incredibly funny and instantly lovable. She networks like no one else. I swear pretty much everyone in central florida knows her. She can play the piano like nobodies business. Her mother is the creater and only known holder of the recipe for the famed (Insert Lu Lu's Last Name Here) Punch. I love hanging out with her family. I can hostly say that many of the best times that I can remember in the past year were spent with her or in her presence.

I will blog later.

1 comment:

LuLu said...

Dude -- thanks for the non-Googleable entry. :-)

I thought you did a great job. You never know what the cutoff means -- it could go either way. "That's all I need" means.. well, that's all they need, regardless of which way they go.

Good luck and keep me posted -- I've got my fingers crossed for you! Your read was fantastic. Give me a call.