Thursday, January 20, 2005

Awkward


So before I get into this post let me just say..that I am a guy and therefore really have no say on anything I am about to say...but I still think it is hilarious. I will also say that is could be a rather vulgar post..not sure where it will go. The new stay-free maxipad commercial. I will explain the commercial and then I will elaborate on why it is funny to me. It starts with this woman in the maxipad aisle and another woman walking up to her..both in normal everyday clothes..both playing customers. The one who walks up says, "This is wierd me just walking up to you in the maxipad aisle huh?" Then she continues to ask very personal questions..things like.."is odor an issue for you?" and various other things while it pans through several woman..I am usually laughing so hard by this point in the commercial that I can't tell you very much else about it..cause I can't remember. Anyway..this would be like the equivalent, in my mind atleast, of a stange guy walking up to another guy in the condom ailse and giving him advice on condoms or personal lubricants. "Excuse me sir...is lubrication during masturbation an issue for you?", "Do you have a problem with the liquidness of most lubricants or do you prefer a gel?", "Are you jealous that some condoms are made for HER pleasure..but nothing ever put out to enhance yours?" DEAR GOD THAT WOULD BE UNCOMFORTABLE! I just can't imagine these conversations going on in a serious setting at a store...unless my friends are involved somehow..I could see us doing that..just to see how many people stop to listen. Just thought I would share that with you cause..well I love you guys and it brings me moments of laughter and joy for some reason. Hopefully some of you have actually seen the commercial in question and can back me up or disagree rather than just calling me a perve or something and running away. Not that you would do that..unless we were in public and wanted to see how many people would stop to watch. Have any of you guys seen the commercial? Use the comment button..it's seriously out of use on my blog. I'll blog later.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Nope, haven't seen that one....

Your nose must hurt. Because my breastbone hurts. Really.