Friday, January 14, 2005

I Hear A Light At The End Of A Long Tunnel


My head is all stuffed up. Tonight I apprently sang "To Each His Dulcinea" beautifully..I couldn't hear it..but I sang it beautifully. "Little Bird" is not going to work..no matter what. Basically as far as I can tell they have decided that it is going to be a group piece rather than the beautiful duet that it is written as. Why you ask? Not so much because it couldn't be done that way..not so much that we don't have the talent to do it..mostly because the musical director doesn't want to run it until it's right. It sounds..fine...as it is..why should we work on it. He said that most of the guys don't read music. He would be right...I don't read music either. The song is scored one way..it should be sang that way if at all possible. I would understand if we didn't have the guys to do it..but we do. I think it's just stupid. And that is the last I am going to say on it. The rest of the show is shaping up beautifully. Lines are coming together nicely...the set is AMAZING..costumes are...well mostly there. My robe is the coolest thing in the whole world...even though annoying at times. I look like a cross between a dementor, a jedi, and the scream killer. It's great times. I am sure that the robe will lead to many laughs in the future. The cast seems to be getting along fairly well...even Laura and I have smiled and laughed a few times...Bizarro world much? The Bronchial death that has fallen over me the last week or so is clearing up..I just feel really run down a lot of the time..and I have these horrible coughing fits that usually culminate in a huge wad of nasty. I am supposed to work at Jaws tomorrow. I am hoping I will make it. Not feeling so hot at the moment but maybe I will feel better when I wake up. Tomorrow night I am going to see White Noise with Dawn. Should be good times. Saturday I will be at Jaws..then I have double booked myself and will have to fix that. Melissa is having a Big Sandwich party..I thought that meant a Big party with lots of sandwiches..I was wrong..that means a party with a BIG sandwich. I have also promised Alyson I will go see Our Town..those plans were made weeks in advance but in my codine induced drowsiness that I was in when Melissa called I forgot those plans..Gotta call her and apologize profusely. I believe that is all for the moment. I'll blog later.

No comments: