Saturday, February 28, 2004

I Think They Like it


Well tonight's show went even better than last night. I think I took most of Billy's notes into concideration and used them. Everyone seemed very pleased with it. I still firmly stand by my feelings that no matter how the show went after the show the audience WON'T tell you that you were awful...so I take what they say with a grain of salt. Anyway...Jan said I was a believable 41 year old..which is good. ANYWAY...I got to see a girl I went to high school with tonight that I had a crush on in High School..but she never gave me the time of day cause she was a cheerleader and I was..not...the type cheerleaders generally go for. So after the show she goes.."I remember you. You're Eric Bridges." She looked so different I didn't even recognize her. My response was, "Now I feel really bad cause I don't recognize you." Then she said, "Yeah..we graduated together. Nicole (omitted last name)." to which I promptly responded, "NICOLE (OMITTED LAST NAME). YOU LOOK SO DIFFERENT! YOU LOOK GREAT! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?" So anyway..it was a good feeling to know that I wasn't invisible to the people I thought I was invisible to. Well..tomorrow is another show. And if we continue to get better exponentally...we will be oscar material by...March 13th.. Tonight was also my mother's birthday. I gave her a dozen roses at the end of the show. This is Eric's brilliant gift speech, "Tonight is my mom's birthday and she is sitting in the audience. She's over there wearing the pink sweater. I figured she already had her cake so I bought her some flowers. Happy Birthday Mom." It's a desert theater so she ate cake all night. I feel confident that it was a good gift.

No comments: