Sunday, February 22, 2004

Awesome Has New Meaning


I saw Lu Lu's show tonight and all I can say is...Damn..... That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Truly one of the best shows ever. Everyone was just having so much fun and looking and sounding amazing doing it. Damn.... Great show. Met Andrea there and ran into a girl I went to College with...Xiomara. Ran into Danny, Lu Lu, and Lu Lu's parents before the show and then headed in. Being backstage for the first time since I quit working for the park was really wierd. So the show started out with Songs From A New World by Jason Robert Brown...same guy who wrote The Last 5 Years...AMAZING. Then it just continued to be more and more amazing. SO the like...5th song was supposed to be my friend Debbie and they skipped over it. I was sitting there going "NO...They can't skip that one...I know her...They have to do that one!" so I got through the rest of the first half wondering why she didn't go on....and...DAMN......... Second half starts...continued...damn..... And about half way through Debbie walks on stage with some music and does this whole "We skipped my song in the first half and everyone was great...I just wanted to do this little Sondhiem piece" and then lets it drop and it's like 15 pages thing....HILARIOUS! I love Debbie. Lu Lu was amazing on the piano...How I made so many incredibly talented friends I will probably never know. Then this guy gets up and sings a song from Jesus Christ Superstar and...DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was...the most amazing...most incredible....most beautiful thing I have ever heard. And what made it so great was that this guy...he's a tall, lanky, not really expecting much from his physical appearance kinda guy. Skinny, not unattractive, but not standard attractive either..and then BAM...VOICE OF GOD. It gives a guy like me hope. I have decided that if I can learn to sing like him...I will die happy. The rest of the show paled in comparison to that one guy...even though it was all truly amazing. It's really hard to explain...because the whole show was...I know...I keep saying it..but it was AMAZING..and that one guy was just...touched by God perfection itself in the form of music. Did I mention...damn....? After seeing the show Nathan, Billy, and I all decided that we are going to try out for Encore next time if at all possible. So Castle Greyskull weekend is going quiet well. We are having multitudes of fun. We went to Blockbuster after Lu Lu's show and rented Fatal Frame 2 for PS2 and "Mating Habits of the Earthbound Humans" HILARIOUS MOVIE...SEE IT! SEE IT NOW!! Billy passed out on the couch during the movie...so we cut it off early and are calling it a night. Tomorrow we are off to see our Domina from "A Funny Thing Happened on The Way to The Forum" in "Bat Boy" at Valencia Community College East. Can't wait. Updates still to come.

No comments: