Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Another Day


Ok...you know how somedays you have a day where you are like "How could a day get any worse?" then God says "Here. I'll show you." and then you have the worst day yet. So I go to work yesterday and the day starts off cold, rainy and just all around nasty. I get to work and wait at Gate 2 for 45 minutes for the Supervisors to find my ID cause they took it when they suspended me. While I am waiting John walks by and I tell him what's going on and he CAN'T BELIEVE IT. He says he will try to get me ERed. They FINALLY find my ID and I go to work..9 minutes late...which is fine...cause it was their fault...no penalty. Then I tell Desi what's going on and she says SHE will try to ER me. Well I work until lunch..which is at about 1:10 and call Chris to find out if this suspension will effect my Mummy transfer..and it will. So I tell him I am going to fight it and he tells me to talk to Mary. I call Lu Lu and tell her what has happened and almost lose it on the phone....Get a message from Billy about how he got his interview and it is Friday morning. I run inside and tell Desi she needs to get me off the floor asap cause I am going to lose it. And then I return to work without eating lunch. I try to give Desi my ID and quit...she won't take it. I work the rest of the day and NO ONE can believe how much I am getting screwed. I try to give John my ID and quit...he won't take it. I found out I do have some great friends at MIB. I try to give Desi my ID and quit again...she won't take it. Several people said they would back me when I go and talk to Mary and several others have said they will go and talk to Chris on their own. John has a great idea involving Jaymean and a voodoo doll...I try to give him my ID and quit again..he won't take it. Desi isn't able to ER me cause we are ridiculously short...mostly due to the fact that no one wants to work there with Jaymean as the Supervisor. Due to that...Desi spilled some white out on my scheduled shifts for the next two days and told me not to worry about showing up. So I end up getting off at 7:45 and heading to rehearsal. Rehearsal started at 7:30 and I am JUST leaving Universal at 7:45. Now I did attend Lake County Public Schools...but that's not good. I get to rehearsal at 8:30ish, storm in and take Nathan's place as me. I get there just in time to do my LAST monologue. Then I lay down on the couch in the back and pass out...getting woken up periodically to read portions of Eddie's, my charater, letter to Arty and Jay, his children, throughout the show. I drive home at about 10:30 after eating nothing but a small bag of doritos, 4 or 5 sips of a Cherry Coke and a Crunch bar. I come home..make a sandwich..watch some Family Guy...and pass out. Today I woke up at 1 p.m. Emotional days take a lot out of me I guess. So I call Universal only to find out that Mary has today off and Chris has today and tomorrow off...So I will try to get this taken care of tomorrow and Friday...and MAYBE I will be able to start Mummy on Monday....MAYBE. But most likely..not.

No comments: