Sunday, May 30, 2004

Of Shows, Reviewers, And Garbled Communications


Today was a pretty good day. I went to work, they got me out by 10 cause I was having some serious problems with my knee. It just gave out while I was standing there and I fell. Doctor this coming week will tell all as far as what I am going to do about it. Probably some kind of knee scope surgery thing. No big deal. I am going to work through it hopefully still at Jaws. I came home, rested, went grocery shopping, came home, made lunch and went to the show. On the way to the show I talked to my mother and she said that my grandmother had fallen and broken her arm. I really wish she would keep her walker with her and stop falling. But she will be fine. Then I got to the show and set what was left to set up up. I thought call time was 7:00...so I got there at about 6:55 and found out that it was actually at 6:30. So the show went pretty well. The energy was wierd. There were a few screw ups..but all in all everything was fine. The reviewer was there...which was...we'll go with...stressful. We all did the show...everything was fine. We had a meeting at the end because Brittany had voiced the opinion that we should drop the crew parts. I was not at all happy about this..but in the end decided that I would just keep my mouth shut and take whatever was given...because I would rather just not go on stage that one time than listen to other people complain because they have to and don't want to. I understand if you don't want to..but if that's the case..just say that...don't say it's because you are to busy to do it. ANYWAY...I am no longer appearring as a ghetto rap god in the show..that has been dropped. So never again will anyone see Ghetto Eric. My mother and Aunt came and saw the show and enjoyed it very much..well the parts that I was in and the parts that Billy and Andrew were in. They didn't care for Nathan to much from what they told me. Then Billy and I went outside and talked a little and decided not to go to Denny's..but then when I got on the road..I changed my mind. So I tried to call his cell..which he had left off. So I decided that the best course of action to get his attention was to drive like a complete ass. It worked. He promptly followed me to Denny's and we talked out a few things. Everything appears to be looking up. I will continue to do the show, void of Ghetto Eric, and I will like it, because it is theater, and that's what I love. Billy thanked me for all that I do in regards to the show tonight...that meant a lot...even though I don't do a lot for the show as far as I am concerned. I am pretty sure I am one of the worst stage managers there is. I have never done it by myself before..I have always had someone else there to help out...and this time I just gave the title away a few weeks ago..because I didn't feel I was filling the title out enough. So then I get home and everything is fine. I talk to Layne (The third of the Crew members from the show) about the whole dropping the rap thing and Britt calls me and tells me that she wants to talk this out cause I was obviously pissed when I left the theater and she wanted to talk to me before she heard about it from everyone else. SO I TALK TO MY FRIENDS DEAL WITH IT! I tend to just keep my mouth shut when I think it won't help anything. If my opinion won't sway a decision and will end in people getting mad..I just keep my mouth shut. I offer my opinion to my friends...but that's pretty much it. I guess I should remedy that. Anyway..I told Britt that I wasn't that pissed off..I was majorly dissapointed because I had told people to come to the show to see me all decked out Ghetto..but that was it. So maybe "majorly dissapointed" comes out as "pissed off" with me sometimes. Sorry. So tomorrow the show will go on. And good times will be had by all.

No comments: