Monday, May 10, 2004

A Day of Vocal Rest


So today I rested pretty much all day. I didn't say very much in hope that it might bring my voice back and stop the pain in my throat. I drank lots of hot tea with Honey and Lemon. The only things I did say were by accident. Such as when I went into Nathan's room to drop of some laundry that he left in the dryer, thinking he was not home I just went on in, Yeah...mistake on my part. He was in there..Atleast he was alone. I apologized and then realized that I had spoken and smacked myself in the head. I said something to Figaro because he got outside...yet again...smacked myself in the face. Blot was being annoying...said something to him...grr..My face is really starting to hurt. I did some laundry and just relaxed. I built set last night with Nathan, Jen, Layne, and Britt. It was fun. Layne and I built a Ghetto Box for the show...it has many uses but is very ghetto. I am very proud of it none the less. It has a cool lid that comes on and off with very little effort and can support my weight...even when I jump up and down on it. It really was one of the best times I have had in that theater in a long time. Even though Britt was being tired bitchy...but it's cool..she was tired. Sue, Billy's mom, wins the "Making Eric squirm awkwardly like a scared little kid who just wet his pants" award for the day. She comes up while I am sitting backstage off to myself and sits next to me. "So why aren't you dating anyone Eric?" I just shrugged and said, "Just haven't found anyone I want to date who wants to date me. I was talking to this one girl on the internet that I met in college but that didn't pan out. So I am just kinda waiting." Then she said, "Oh...You know my daughter is single." RECORD SCRATCH! My best friend's mom just tried to set me up with my best friend's little sister. Isn't that the plot of a teen movie or two? If not it should be. I squirmed for a minute or two and then Billy walked up and I said, "Billy your Mom's trying to sell your sister to me." and stood up and got next to him. Then Billy says after some discomfort and I think a few other sentences that got the mental blend, "Well if anyone was going to date my sister...." I laughed and walked away. Don't get me wrong. Lori seems to be a great girl, I don't know her that well, but for the most part, great girl. But she is my best friend's little sister. ALL KINDS OF COMPLICATIONS THERE! One, if we started dating and things went well...I couldn't talk to my best friend about my girlfriend. Two, If we started dating and things didn't go well...I might lose my best friend. Three, She is still in High School. ENORMO COMPLICATION! So basically...if I decide to persue this...either it has to work out perfectly resulting in years from now my best friend being my brother-in law..or...I don't even know. I think I am just going to let this go...I am not going to look for anything to happen. If something does..so be it. If not...so be it. I just hope that none of this has an impact on my friendship with Billy, or Sue, or Annie.

No comments: