Tuesday, November 02, 2004

What Did The Padre Just Say?!?!


So I decided while I was sitting here with a high speed internet connection that I would translate the latin prayer that my character sings at the end of Man of La Mancha. Because...believe it or not..but it's nice to know what you are saying..helps with the character. The original Latin Prayer goes as follows.

"De Profundis Clamo Ad Te,
Domine, Domine,
Audi Vocem Meam!
Fiant Aures Tuae Intentae
Ad Vacem Obsecretionis Me Ae.
Si Delictorum
Memoriam
Serva Veris....."

The English translation as best I could decipher is

"I call from the depths to you,
Lord, Lord,
Hear My Call.
May your ears be eager.
I implore you
for forgiveness
the memory,
Watch over your servant."

I am going to ask some Catholic friends of mine to ask their priest if they don't mind. Just for a more literal translation..and if I have to I will go to a Catholic church and ask. It is a beautiful prayer none the less. I will blog later

No comments: