Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A Long Day's Contemplation


So I took today to sit around and wait...see what came of my grandma's situation, think about mine. I am feeling some better..as is my grandmother. They gave her a lot of antibiotics over the last 24 hours and about hourly breathing treatments...so she is doing much better. I cooked lunch, cooked dinner, did some more laundry, plays some Paper Mario, talked to Alicia some. It was a pretty stressful day being that I didn't find out about my grandmother's condition until like 6 this afternoon. I went to one of the two rehearsals that I had scheduled for tonight. Man of La Mancha musical rehearsal went pretty well. The musical director is great....except I think he has a lot of unfounded faith in me as a singer. Alyson said I was flat a lot of the time I was singing..and part of it I didn't sing at all cause when I get to a certain point in my vocal range it just totally cuts out and all I have is this kinda painful sounding moving air noise. I did however get the very end of my latin song finally. I apparently am a little too "poppy"..which is something no one has ever told me. I am going to work on it. We have some more rehearsals for Man of La Mancha next week...which kinda excites me. I am genuinely enjoyingg rehearsals for that show. I want to talk to Billy and see when Alicia and I can get together with him to block that scene and maybe run it a few times. I need to get some cigarettes...not for smoking..but because I would feel REALLY stupid bumming some off of someone knowing full well I will never ever smoke them. Need them for that scene...so...I will just buy some...and leave them in my car in a totally obvious spot so that my mother freaks out. One time in High School she found a lighter in my car and accused me of being a smoker..so why not leave cigarettes in my car..just for kicks...and really not be smoking them at all. The Improv shows are looming in the very near future....I am a little scared about them..but that should pass.

I came up with a plan for a restaurant. If I ever open a restaurant I am going to name it "G.T.G.F- Good Times, Good Friends" and all the dishes are going to be named after my friends. Dishes that have already been thought up are "The Jilly"- Steak marinated in tropical juices, wrapped in thinly sliced pineapple, and grilled with a little black pepper. "Two great things put together and made better just like Jen and Billy". "Lime Lu Lu"- A Jello dessert featuring several flavors. "There's always room for Jello but it never calls you."...That one's gonna need some work. :p

Going to Jaws tomorrow and Friday and then to Allison's for the weekend. Sorry about the confusion. I am talking about Allison from Halloween Horror Nights...Brad's girlfriend....NOT Alyson from Moonlight and Blog fame...J's fiance. I told my fingers that...they just weren't listening..something about all the clicking as they slammed into the keys...I don't know..they complain a lot. I am going to go to sleep now. I will blog tomorrow night sometime. It may be late cause I am going to try to get ERed so I can go to Fiddler On The Roof at Windy Hill Middle School. Alex is in it as Motel. I am so proud of that kid. He's great. Not only is he doing theater...and doing it better than people 10 years older than him..but he is playing the part that I started with at South Lake High School. Great show. I can't wait to hear if he can sing as well as he can act. I am sure he can. Ok...So...Blog later.

No comments: