Thursday, November 04, 2004

Tung My Wang...And An Unrelated Pleasant Surprise


So today I was driving to the hospital to visit my ailing Grandmother..and I almost got in a car accident..it wasn't so much because I wasn't paying attention..or because someone else wasn't. It was actually because I was paying too much attention to my surroundings. I was driving down Mills..and I got to the Vietnamese section of downtown..and there..low and behold was a massage parlor...and the name..posted in large light up red letters was.. "TUNG MY WANG" I laughed so hard I almost ran off the road. I know that that is their language..and it shouldn't be funny..but I am 22 and that reference had to be laughed at...I nearly chocked on the air I was breathing..swerved back into my lane and continued to the hospital.

They had moved my grandmother and I didn't know...I walked into the room where she had been previously and there was someone else in the bed..I had a sudden panic attack. I was sure she had died in the night and being that my Aunt is executor or whatever...the hospital called her..and being that she is mad at my father..he didn't know..and being that he didn't know..I didn't know. The woman in the bed told me they had moved my grandmother and that someone else had just asked for the same person. I went down to the nurses station who showed me the way to her room..kinda...she told me to walk all the way around the hospital and it would be on my right. My grandmother is getting a heart cath at around 10 tomorrow morning..and I am going to be there with my dad..it's not looking too good..but if something happens atleast she won't be in pain anymore.

Then Billy and I went to auditions for the Improv troop they are trying to start over at the Pier house. It sounds really cool..start with a paying crowd and we get part of the money..then move up to a possible late night show on the WB. This guy supposedly has connections...I am just doing it to have some fun and maybe earn a few extra bucks in the process but if I get recognized on T.V. and get a few acting jobs in the process...so be it. Billy and I both made it in. Along with Jodie from a few years back in "A Christmas Carol" and a guy I took my class at SAK with. Then there were two other guys who made it in..can't remember their names but one of them is currently studying at SAK and writes sketches constantly..and the other came with the director from Minnisota or somewhere like that. I think we are going to have a blast...and hopefully it will help me stop feeling inadequate as an actor. 22 and constant paid acting work since I was 19..that's not to shabby for someone without a degree. Can't support myself on it..but still..not to shabby.

Jen and I got in a little tiff about politics...lending to my theory that politics and all things related are evil..and therefore have no place on my blog. So I am done blogging about all things political..until the next time they piss me off.

In the last 2 days, 2 people who know me very well(Billy and my Aunt Jackie) have told me that the only time they see me truly happy is when I am onstage. Billy saw it tonight at Improv auditions. It's true...the times I am truly happy are when I am onstage or hanging out with my friends...or hanging out on stage with my friends in front of a large audience pulling bits out of the air. I am genuinely excited about this chance.

In the last two nights I have eaten out with two of my friends. Last night Alyson and I went to Ale House for our first outting as friends and it was thuroughly enjoyable..even if the demon yorky did attack her. Tonight Billy and I went to Chili's cause he played Paper Mario ALL DAY and forgot to eat. It's almost like I have a social life again. I have to get back into the quasi-city life. That trailer is sucking my soul out like the cream out of a really good canoli and for the first time ever..Billy understands why..after our visit out there when no one was home. He totally understands why I hate it there so much...and it's nice to find understanding..even if his girlfriend hass decided that she hates me. :p

I'll blog later.

No comments: