Tuesday, February 15, 2005

We'd Like You To Be Our Apple....No...Wait...Rose Seller


So I went to Oliver! auditions last night. Some funny stuff happened...but Alyson blogged about that...so go read it if you want to. So we sat around after the auditions to find out what parts we got. Billy and I had been joking around about how we were going to end up as Apple Sellers Number 36 and 37. Then Tim comes out and tells lane her part, then turns to me and says "I want you to be my rose seller soloist. It's a great song." Then there is an awkward pause..Lane looks at me and tries to mask a laugh. Then to billy and they offer him the part of Fagin. I am really happy for Billy and Sarah. Fagin and Nancy. And for Alyson and Nick...Widow Corney and Mr. Bumble. And Alex...he's the shit...our little Dodger. So I have accepted the part..even though it hurts me to do so. I am tired of getting parts with no substance. I am going to come out at the beginning of Act two and sing a song. Great. Why am I there? Is it intrical to the plot? Does it matter at all? Who cares really? Anyway...I am auditioning for lots of stuff and if I get something better...I'm taking it. I'll blog later.

No comments: