Monday, February 14, 2005

Oh, What A Weekend


So this weekend we did show some more. It's going very well still. Luerne came on Saturday night with her parents. I cooked ribs on Saturday and sold them. It was pretty much good times. Last night was the joke that is Oliver! auditions. Lots of people showed up and Moonlight, in proper unprofessionally theater form, didn't have enough audition forms. I got up and sang "If I Didn't Believe In You" from Last 5 Years..well a piece of it. It was total out of key..but it is like the hadest song to play in the show. Kyle said I sold the song so the singing didn't matter as much. I was consistantly off key. Billy say that it sounded like Dan was playing one song and I was singing another. Either way..I am not unhappy with my choice. They let me read for Sikes and Fagin..the reason I say "let me read" instead of "had me read" is becausee it was obvious they were doing it simply to do it...so I couldn't say "HEY You didn't even let me read." They paired me...22..looks younger..with a 50 year old nancy and a 40 year old Fagin. Ridiculous. Then they let me read as Fagin one time with Billy, and then as Noah..the undertakers son..which is usually cast a teenager. Anyway...I don't think I am going to get anything which is fine. Ass one person said..it's a director who doesn't direct and a director who can't direct. I won't accept anything less than a lead..ensemble in this show would amount to babysitting. Anyway..they sort of asked me to come to callbacks...sort of. I walked up to the table to take care of some business I had with the director regarding chicken..and the A.D. asked me if I was coming back the next day..and I said "Only if you guys want me to." and she replyed with "Yeah..we want EVERYONE to come back." Whatever. I'll blog later.

No comments: