Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Wait...You Mean Growing Up Means Responsibilities?!?!? Why Didn't I Get THAT Memo?


So today I went to class..Good times. I truly love hanging out and talking about theater with other people who are generally interested in theater. It's strange..but the only time you can get a group of theater people together and talk about the same subject long enough to get any real depth into it..is when you are in a theater class. I truly enjoy it. I love all my theater friends outside of class...but subjects change so rapidly most times that I find myself just listening in fear I might break the flow. I came home from class feeling very good about life in general. Got home and hung out for a few. Then on to grandma's for dinner and the doing of my parent's taxes. I got the strange opportunity to read the blog of the person that I had to tell that we had "gone in a different direction". It was strange. She was angry..and understandably so. I have been there..all of us actors have been. I do however agree with what she had to say. Euphamisms don't make it easier to know you weren't the one cast. As an actor I agree that it is kind of a waste of energy to devise ways to make that blow less painful...but as an Assistant Director I did what I was told. It was my first time telling someone they weren't going to be in the show..and it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. We all have our roles to play..and unfortunately they all have their downsides..but they all have their rewards. Emotional outlets, watching something bud and bloom under your care and direction, watching crowds of people applaude the mutual works of you and the actors. I may be totally wrong on the directing side..but that's how I see it now. It will be interesting to see how my views chance over the next few months. I'll blog later.

No comments: