Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Purpose


This morning started with an Avenue Q reference. I was walking through waredrobe...to get my costume..and I kicked a penny on the floor that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Then I went on my way...when I walked back by where the penny was it was still there. It was heads-up so I picked it up, then I looked at the date. It's from the year I was born. It's a sign! So the rest of the day went swimmingly...cause I wouldn't allow it to go any other way. Then I went to rehearsal.

I am constantly amazed by Terrance. Seriously. The man is a genius. I watched him go through 5 of the actors in the show in about 10 minutes. He was giving a speech about how our characters are two dimensional right now..and he wants us to be three dimensional. A speech that hurt..but needed to be said and is a great inspiration. Something that would never be said at previous theaters I have worked at...or atleast not articulated so well. This role is going to be a serious challenge for me..he has compared my character to Gene Kelly. I have some movies to watch. I have to develop Luke Gant. I have to make this the finest I have ever been on stage. I have to find out if this is something I can do well enough to actually make it...and Terrance is going to push me to whatever my heights as an actor can be...or make me realize the depths that I truly reside in. We will see..either way it's going to be one hell of a ride. I'll blog later.

No comments: