Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Freaking Bead Captain


Well I got a call today from Universal...I got a role...but not really. I am a bead captain for the parade. Now..no one except an actor who has seen what bead captains do understands why this is a not good thing. Here is what I enjoy about Halloween Horror Nights.....Scaring people, cool costumes, working as a team to scare people, and hanging out with the awesome casts of young cool people that are always cast. Here is what I am going to be doing as a bead captain..and why I am not looking forward to it at all....I'm not scaring people, in fact that is frowned upon, I have NO costume as far as I know, I won't be working as a team because it's me and about 40 drunk guests who are throwing beads from the float, usually all of the people cast as bead captains are over 35 and won't have a lot of contact with them because there is only 1 bead captain per float, and to top it all off..I have to clean the float at the end of the night. Now..the one event that I look forward to every year, without fail, is pretty much a complete bust for me as far as I know right now. I called the casting director and he said there are no other roles for me...that's it. he said that the only roles he has left are for 6 foot tall (check), male (check), 300 lb guys (nearly check a year ago). So basically...this sucks giant rancid monkey balls. And this is for Billy (Don't ask) Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain, Freaking bead captain?!?!?!?!?!? Don't get me wrong..I am trying to find a bright side...just having a hard time..and I am hoping that something will open up somewhere and Chad will take pity on me and I will be relocated to something with some kind of acting aspect somewhere..or maybe bead captain for Halloween will turn out to be fun..I don't know...I doubt it. All I can say is that every single person I have talked to who is an actor, or works for universal had the same response when I told them I was a bead captain. "That sucks, I'm sorry." Post later

No comments: