Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Auditions Are A Great Thing

Today I went to Halloween Horror Nights auditions. It is such a great feeling. I went in, saw a LOT of people that I know. People were asking me about how things work, thinking I had been there for Halloween many many years...when in fact I have only been there for...this will be 3 years. There were people there who are on their 6th or 7th. I auditioned...which was complicated as hell. Rick set up the audition process like this. He described maybe four different character areas that they are using this year briefly...and by briefly I mean..."We are going to have beast like creatures..kinda like monkeys." and that was the most descriptive he got...and then pointed to the first girl in the group. She was very confused...as well as the rest of us...even me..and I have been there for a while. So I was a monkey thing...I charged the table and made a screaming, monkey, raptor yelling noise. It went very well. There were 2 highlights in the audition. 1. At the beginning when they asked if anyone had done Halloween before and I pointed at the 3 or 4 pictures of me on the wall behind them from the year before. 1 of which was me alone in my Camo beast costume. 2. After the audition when the casting director called me by name without looking at my sheet and all three men at the table told me that I am a great actor...specifically for Halloween. All I have to say is...they think my acting is good..wait till they see my creative side when it comes to Halloween. I don't know if we are striving to litterally scare the bodily fluids out of people...but it would happen if they used one of my concepts. So the jyst of the situation is..I have a part..but not officially until they talk to my supervisor and he O.K.'s it. If he doesn't, we are going to have words. THE ATTRACTION IS CLOSING FOR THE DURATION OF HALLOWEEN! Anyway...We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Cross it while yelling and screaming and throwing torches. GOOD MOOD!! REALLY GOOD MOOD!! Wierd how you never forget what those feel like. I'll blog tomorrow with information regarding casting.

No comments: