Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Jack Conflicted


Ok...let me start this blog by saying that I am not as melodramatic as my post yesterday. It just caught me off gaurd. The last place I expected to run into that situation was at Moonlight. Now onto the current. Into The Woods auditions went well tonight. I found out part of the cast. I am Jack, Tracy is Baker's Wife, Alyson is Witch, Nathan is Repunzel's Prince, Kyle is Cinderella's Prince, Amber is Snow White/Stage Manager, Tom is Mysterious Man/Narrator, and Billy was offered Cinderella's Father/Wolf. My conflict is as follows. I was exstatic about Jack for about 45 minutes. I was sure that Billy was going to get Baker and now that I know that he isn't..I feel his pain and my own. The true joy that was building about this show wasn't entirely about the part...it was about the people. I know that if Jan cast someone else she has her reasons. She saw something in whoever that she missed in Billy. I know this must be the case. Whatever it may be...I don't know. I was just blindsided by him not getting that part cause in my mind..it was his. Just like Alyson, Nathan, Kyle, and Tom. I was sure that was the parts that they were going to get. I can honestly say I am not as excited about doing this show with another Baker. I mean I am still happy I got Jack. Don't get me wrong..I was suprised. But without my best friend there beside me I am not as thrilled. That is my post for this evening...in hopes that sleep will show itself. I'll blog later.

No comments: