Friday, April 30, 2004

2 A.M. Fever-a-thon


Well..it is 2 a.m. and I have taken 2 doses of Nyquill but I can't get to sleep because I can't get my fever to break. I took a cold bath, I wrapped up in blankets, I sweated and sweated but I still didn't get the fever to break. It is standing at about 101 right now. So I am calling in to work right now...due to the fact that if I fell asleep right now...I would only get 5 hours before I had to get up and go to work...and with this fever I can't go to work tomorrow anyway. I gotta get better so i can do the show tomorrow night...THIS SUCKS. I am going to continue to try to get my fever down...It's not a big deal...if I wasn't missing work. But I am. and it sucks. My mom found out that I didn't go today...cause I told her in due to the feverish stupidity I have been in all day. She gave me a hard time..as usual. Said I should go to work...and I explained to her that at my job they would prefer you to call in rather than come in sick. ONE: It is much harder on them if you come in and have to leave cause you are sick as hell. TWO: We use mouth pieces at work on the mics that we have...well if you talk in one for 15 minutes and then pass it to another person...and you have a fever...GUESS WHAT!?!? You just passed sicky germs to your friend at work...and it gets passed to someone else and then someone else. Leaving the whole attraction sick....NOT GOOD. I am just really annoyed right now...This fever needs to break. I haven't gotten to work in 2, now 3 days, and I REALLY like my job. And I haven't gotten to see my friends in 2 days. Billy, Jen, and Lu Lu all called to check on me. The first 3 friends in my entire life to ever do that. The ones I had in High School would wait till I came back and be like, "Hey, Where ya been?" I would call and check on them when they were sick...but no such concern was taken on my part. Just goes to prove that the friends I had in High School weren't much of friends at all..Don't even speak to them anymore. The ones I have now are true friends....One's that will last more than 4 years. I'll post later with my condition.

No comments: