Monday, April 26, 2004

Another Day Off, Another Nothing Done


So today I spent the majority of my day trying to take care of the business of living. I got some bills paid, got another temporary tag cause mine was expired and the slackers who were supposed to fill out the paperwork for my permanent tag just did it today...a month after I got the car. OH WELL! So I drove all the way to Sanford...talking to Jen all the way. The only person who stands behind Jan and her decision to do what she did...casting wise. And I understand that's her perogative...I don't understand it..but I understand that she has the right to think that. She has some good points in her argument. Points I couldn't counter. But that is the game of life. I have accepted the part of Thesius. I will do the best I can to make it more than the guy who sits backstage for 3 hours. He will be the guy who was onstage for the best 30 minutes of the play. I am done auditioning for Jan...cause I truly feel that she has lost that special spark that I saw in her years ago. She is directing at Moonlight simply to be directing at Moonlight. The vision she had before is gone...and most of the care that went into it. It's sad...but that chapter has closed. I will continue to audition for Chris...and I plan on auditioning for Sylvia when they do Forever Plaid. I am going to broaden my horizons...move out into the great theatrical world that is Orlando and go to California with Billy this Summer. Meet his other best friends. They seem like cool people...and any friend of Billy's is a friend of mine. And hell...maybe I will like it out there and move in a year or two...try to break into...something. Still would like to look into New York. Life is full of possibilities...I just have to start looking into them and stop wasting my time taking roles that mean nothing in the long run. It is sad that my refuge from harm and arguments, danger and pains has now become almost a constant cause for them. But hopefully it is just a missinterpretation on my part and it is really the great place that I remember and I am just a bitter actor who is no longer good enough to run with the big dogs of Moonlight. I will find out when I audition elsewhere. I went to Shakespeare Rehearsals tonight. I am worried. I really don't think that Nathan truly grasps the idea of the show. Less is more. That is a key element of the show. He is trying so hard to be funny that he isn't funny. The simplicity of the script is what lends itself to the hilarity of it. If you try to be ridiculously funny...you won't be. You'll be the star of the high school production in the community theater that could have been so much more. I hope that he sees the soon. Andrew is along the same lines...but not nearly as bad as Nathan at the moment. Andrew's character is a wild character..therefore not as big a deal when he goes a little wild. It will all work out in the end I am sure. Now I am home, Billy is crashed on the couch and I am soon to go to bed myself. Work is edging ever closer and I fear it will come all to soon. Tomorrow the old Halloween Horror Nights JP Zone 1 Scrumptralescent crew is gonna come and ride my boat. I CANNOT WAIT! I really wish I could have hung out with them. It will happen soon. I miss my jock friends. My only jock friends. Life is really good at it's core. Just covered in a layer of crap at the moment. Just gotta find the water to wash all that away and I will be fine.

No comments: