Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Pain!...Lots Of Pain!


Just when I think it's safe to not worry about my knees...I find out that I AM OH SO WRONG! Today at Jaws..I was going along...minding my own business..fighting giant sharks..and all of a sudden BAM! I'm on my butt in the bottom of the boat. My right knee gave out and I fell in Scene 4 just before Bridewell's gas station was about to explode. I shot the grenade launcher from the floor of the boat...which was funny for the audience. Then I got up by supporting myself with the steering wheel..then I fell again at the attack shark...and ended up shooting him from the floor of the boat too. It was not pleasant at all. My bump came through and I went to the next position in my rotation...which happened to be unload. I really do have to say that the Leads at Jaws are some of the best in the park...great people. They got me out of rotation right away and Dan, one of the best of the best of the leads, helped me get my knee back in place (he has bad knees too...so he was a lot of help. He knew EXACTLY what to do.) They asked me if I wanted to go home, I told them I should be fine...but if it popped out again I was going to have to go home. They agreed. I went back into rotation and within 30 minutes my knee popped out again and I told them I had to go home...that was at noon. I was supposed to go home at 3 originally, then it was 12:30 when Shawn came in...well Shawn thought he was in at 3 so he was late...Dan called him and he ended up getting there at 1:30 and I came home and got my knee all iced and took 1200 mg of Motrin...good stuff. Laid in bed for a long time....then I got bored and hungry..so I cooked. Now I am watching Smallville and typing in this...I should be at rehearsal..but I need to get this knee fixed so that I can work tomorrow...and rehearse tomorrow night. Well...I am back to Icing my knee again. I will update soon.

No comments: