Friday, April 23, 2004

Fun And Merriment In The Heat Of Hell


Well tonight at the theater was interesting. They forgot to go in yesterday and turn on the air...so today at 6 p.m. when they got there it was about a hundred in there...and they expected two old air conditioners that are way to small for that building to cool it down for the show...OH SO WRONG! When we closed the doors to go home..it was still 90 inside. FUN TIMES! On the upside I have decided that if they ever cast for a Tobey Maquire look alike at Universal ever again...I will be there. EXPLAINATION! ONE: Two years ago when I started working Halloween Horror Nights I had a friend who decided I looked like Tobey Maquire...ie...SPIDERMAN...Then everyone started calling me Spidey during that year of Halloween. TWO: Then I started working at Men In Black: Alien Attack also at Universal where eventually the same nickname picked up with a few coworkers totally unrelated to the previous ones....and several guests who swore I was Tobey Maquire..working at MIB...WHY?!?!? WHO KNOWS! THREE: At Jaws a few weeks ago a young girl got off of my boat and ran to her parent's exclaiming, "SPIDERMAN WAS MY TOUR GUIDE! He said his name was Eric, but I know it was Peter Parker...I saw the movie." FOUR: Tonight as I was standing in line in the sweltering heat waiting to meet our audience a guy walked by me, came back and said, "You should go and audition at Universal." and I was like, " I already work there." "OH where?" "Jaws." "THAT'S WHERE I KNOW YOU FROM! I used to work there. But I was talking about for the Bill and Ted show..or Peter Parker. You look JUST LIKE TOBEY MAQUIRE!" So that is why I have decided that by the time Halloween Rolls around I will audition for Spiderman for Bill and Ted. The show was interesting....Amber was having anemic fainting fits...which Nathan rushed to the rescue everytime for. He is such the boyfriend.... He is apparently annoying a lot of people around the theater...there is talk...it is at a low rumble right now...but it is there. I will not attribute or stop it at this moment. I have no defense...and I have no solution. So I will let it fall on someone else's hands. And that is that. I am losing inches pretty quickly. I think maybe it has something to do with me not eating and working my butt off...but every inch I lose on my body, is an inch closer to Spiderman Fame in the Bill And Ted Show. YAY! I'll post soon.

No comments: