Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Eric's First Trip To The Airport, Insomnia, Tingling Nerves, And Blending In


Well..It is 2:49 a.m. as I start writing this blog and I am supposed to be at Jaws ready to work at 10 a.m. I took some sleeping pills at 10 p.m. to no avail. The problem is that my sleep schedule has been reassigned to go to sleep at 4, get up at 12. The other problem is that the nerves that were cut during the surgery having finally started waking up and reconnecting...My leg is tingling like crazy. It feels like someone has a muscle massager set on a really low speed laying on my leg. This weekend was interesting and fun and tiring. I spent all weekend at Billy's house. His parent's went out of town and being that we are both in the same haunted house and his house is closer to universal and he's my best friend...it just made sense to stay there. Working in a house is..dangerous. I am enjoying the scares..but not the constant worry that the next guest could deck me and I could lay there unconscious for up to 45 minutes before someone would even notice. They need to work something out for houses and security. 2 management people watching over a whole house..not happening. In my room the other scareactors can't even see me..so I would be screwed. The scares are good..and fun. I am in ridiculous amounts of pain....but..it's worth it. Any job were you can cause a full grown man turn to his wife and say, "I just peed a little."..is worth my time and scaring expertese. Staying at Billy's made me want to get a house of my own even more. I may have had bad roommates, high rent, and just all around a not great first apartment experience..but I miss it..I miss the hell out of it. I also miss the hell out of Lu Lu. I know she's busy....but I still miss you..when you read this. The read through for Man of La Mancha has come and gone. It went pretty well. I am generally happy with all casting descisions...generally. Just one or two that I am little worried about..and mostly not because of talent or ability..but because of irresponsibilityin practices. I got a few nods tonight when I sang my solos..and a scratch on the knee from Alyson to tell me I did a good job. I am excited about my part..but I think Billy is more excited for me than I am fo myself..he says that I could steal the show with a few of my solos. Maybe that's true..maybe not. I am not going to try to steal the show..just do my best. Me as a priest..how far from me can you get. And the first part of my title..but the last part of my blog, I went inside an airport for the first time ever today. It was a really cool experience...one I don't think I will experience many times. Experiencing something I have seen and heard depicted SOO many times. It was great. People laughing and smiling as they were rejoined with people they hadn't seen for years, weeks, days, hours..people crying as people go away. The looks on kids faces as they get in line to get on the plane..excited to fly. The parent's smiling and crying at the same time..excited for the child that is going to get to fly to wherever they are going..but worried. It's a strange place. A full range of the human emotional experience...thrown into one building. Well I am going to try to sleep now. Got work in 7 hours..that means I have to get up in 4 hours. I hate living in B.F.E.

No comments: