Monday, August 23, 2004

Are My Insecurities Showing?

OK...so we will start by going over a dream that I recently had. It was bizzare and disturbing. All of my friends (Lu Lu, Billy, Jen, Cindi, and Erika) along with a couple of people who aren't really my friends (Nathan and Amber) and even a guy I don't even know go to a club. I don't really like clubs but I was still really excited to go. On the way there Lu Lu explains that the only way you can get in is if the bouncer deems you worthy. There are two doors. One door the bouncer looks at you and determines whether or not to award you entrance based on your looks. The other door based on your talent. We go to the first door which happens to be the looks door and I am a the end of my group of friends. Everyone gets in but me. But being that I didn't get in we all go to the other door. Then we get to the other door and everyone gets in except for me again. But this time, everyone goes in and has a good time and leaves me standing outside. I wait and wait and wait...but no one ever comes out of the door so I walk around to the other door and assk if the people I came with had come out there. The bouncer said he didn't remember me. So I walked around to the front of the building and just kinda fell on my back in the middle of the side walk. The last thing I saw was a huge sign on the front of the club. The name of the club was Life. Then I woke up. Wierd dream. Definetly some of my insecurities creeping out. Then yesterday Lu Lu and I went to Moonlight to see "A Midsummer Nights Dream". It was good. Alex did an amazing job for his age playing Puck. Billy was a great Peter Quince..true Club worthy talent. Cindi was beautiful and performed BOTH of her roles like a pro in a place where direction is determined by a compus. Jen...well...Jen was her normal amazing actress self. Kyle did a really good job with his part too. The uncomfortable part of the evening was the people who run the theater. Now I admit this may be all in my mind...but I felt almost...unwelcome. I walked in and everyone kinda mumbled there hellos and stayed in their seats. Lu Lu walked in and everyone jumped up and gave her a huge hug and asked her how she had been. It just hurt. But that's over. I hae physical therapy. I'll blog more later tonight.

No comments: