Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Eric In Orlando AND Quest For Ice


So I am staying in Orlando for the rest of the week to help watch after my cousin Tristan. He is 7 and being that school is cancelled but the rest of the world is still going on he needs someone to watch him. So here I am, being here, but not really doing much because he is a pretty self-sufficient kinda kid. I cook him meals and stay out of his way mostly. Little stuff like making sure he takes a bath and stuff is pretty much the extent of the babysitting that I have to do. My cousin Dawn and I spent ALL day yesterday looking for ice. We drove all the wy from UCF area to Clermont/Ferndale, ending in us stealing ice from my mother and my grandmother's freezers. Well...less stealing and more borrowing with no intent to return. I wasn't a bad day all in all...lots of driving around looking at damaged places. It is really strange that I sat and played Super Mario Sunshine, not really even worrying about the storm, while other people lost everything they ever worked for in the blink of an eye. The wierdest thing is seeing trees that withstood the force of the winds but have been bent into a shape that makes them look like the wind is still blowing just as hard. Anyway...I am just grateful that everyone I know is allright....with minimal damage. My family and I just keep countering complaints with well atleast you still have...whatever. (i.e. "My freezer is a mess." "Well atleast you still have a freezer to clean up.") Lu Lu called me today...it always seems to put a smile on my face when I get to talk to her for a few minutes. She has really great news...which I am sure she will blog about soon...so keep checking her blog. I woudl tell you guys...but I don't want to give away her great news. REALLY PROUD OF HER! Jen has gone back to Gainsville. That just feels strange cause I didn't see her at all since the surgery...so I feel like I missed out on a major portion of the summer. No word from the Jaws gang on when we are getting together for another...get together. Billy and I are planning on going to see Alien vs Predator Wednesday night and I am hoping and get to go and see the Encore show Thursday. And it looks like I will get to see the much talked about Midsummer preformance at Moonlight this sunday. I'll blog later.

No comments: