Friday, August 06, 2004

Leg Mobility Is Closer To Being Mine

Well I went to the doctor today and he removed the brace on a kinda temporary/permanent basis. I don't have to wear it unless I go out in public and feel wobbly. Basically I just have to be REALLY careful because if I fall now, that's it...new surgery...no questions asked. My knee feels really wierd. No pain really...just REALLY tight...really really tight...and weak. But good all in all. I can't bend it at a 90 yet...that will take a few trips to physical therapy. Which turns out, I can't take at my doctor's office. For some reason my insurance pays for my doctor's services but will not pay for physical therapy at his office. WIERD. So I am going to try to go to my old physical therapist. Why try to build a whole new relationship with a therapist over a 6 week period when I already went through 3 months with another one. The doc told me I can start living my life again. He said, "No running in the rain. That's bad." that was pretty much his only piece of advice. I asked if I could do Halloween, he said, "no problem." I asked if I could ride roller coasters, he said, "You can start doing what you want to do again." I just have to careful. My Aunt and I went out and gourged ourselves at Olive Garden. Good times. Then we went and ran a few errands and I listened to LOTS OF MUSIC..missed it. Then we came home for a few and then my cousin Dawn picked us up. We went and rented some movies. Dickie Roberts Child Star, Gothika, HellBoy, and Tristan got Small Soldiers. So far everything I have seen was good. Haven't watched Gothika yet. Then we went to dinner but my Aunt and I just had dessert while Dawn and Tristan had appetizers. Both places we went today we had REALLY terrible service. Olive Garden I ordered Chicken Parmesan and got Soup/Salad/Breadsticks. Red Lobster we were there 45 minutes and all we did was eat appetizers and desserts. Then we came home and started watching movies. I slept through Hellboy...seen it once and I guess not having that brace on is what my body has been waiting for to sleep...for 2 hours...now I am wide awake...whatever. That's pretty much it. I am trying to start my physical therapy today..my birhday...good times. I will blog about the Eric Birthday Unbash tomorrow. later

No comments: