Thursday, June 03, 2004

Good News, Bad News


OK..So I went to the Ortho doc today and he had some news for me. My knees are totally f-ed up. Basically I am built wrong. Everything we have been doing this whole time has just been to make life bearable. They never really thought it would cure it. The only thing that will cure it is surgery. And we are not talking about a nice little 2 week recovery surgery like before. We are talking about a 3 month recovery. 6 weeks in bed with a knee brace and no moving and 6 weeks of physical therapy so I can walk again. What they need to do is detach one of the tendons on my kneecap and reattach it lower so that it doesn't pull my knee out of place. We have tried all of the alternatives that he knows. Anti-inflamitories, Physical Therapy, and now NEW anti-inflamitories. All of the muscles in my leg are apparently in great shape....just where they should be...the bottom line is..My knees are messed up. So now I am on new medication for my knees to go along with my medication for my tonsilitis. I have to figure out what to do about my knees. If the anti-inflamitory works...then everything is fine. If not then I have to concider surgery...and soon. That means I will probably have to move back in with my parents for a year so they can help take car of me after it being that I won't be able to walk, drive, move, or anything while I am recovering. So I have a lot of thinking to do.

No comments: