Monday, June 19, 2006

Somone To Fall Back On

You know how sometimes you run across something and it just kinda...fits. Well this song has been right under my nose for months...and today...it fit. Can't sleep so much...or really sing it very well at the moment...but I'm happy and content with who and where I am. Regardless of what anyone else might say or do.

By:Jason Robert Brown

I'll never be,
a knight in armor,
with sword in hand,
or a kamakazi fighter.
Don't count on me,
to storm the baracades,
and take a stand,
or hold my ground.
You'll never see any scars or wounds,
I don't walk on coals,
I won't walk on water
I am no Prince,
I am no saint,
I am not anyone's wildest dream.
But I can stand behind
and be someone to fall back on.

Some comedy
Your bruised and beaten down
and I'm the one
whose looking for a favor
still honestly
you don't believe me
but the things I have
are the things you need
You look at me
like I don't make sense
like a waste of time
like it serves no purpose
I am no prince
I am no saint
and if that's what you believe you need
You're wrong
you don't need much
you need someone to fall back on.

And I'll be that
I'll take your side
If I'm the only one
I'm used to that
I've been alone
I'd rather be
the half of us
the least of you
the best of me
and I'll be your prince
I'll be your saint
I will go crashing through fences
in your name
I will I swear
I'll be someone to fall back on
I'll be the one who waits
and for as long as you let me
I will be the one you need
I'll be someone to fall back on
Your prince,
Your saint
The one you believe you need
I'll be
I'll be someone to fall back on
someone to fall back on.

No comments: