Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stop The Production I Want To Get Off


Stress city. I have discovered something new about myself in the past few days....I have trouble accepting compliments. I am not sure why. I always justify them with something along the lines of "Anyone else would have done the same thing. I just did what was right." Even if I don't say that...that's what is going through my head when I say "no problem." or "Thank you." Everyone is saying I am doing a wonderful job as Ebenezer....even though I am not entirely thrilled with my performance...but I am never entirely thrilled with my performance...on stage, in a relationship, in life. I always could have been a little more convincing, could have been a little more caring, or could have made better choices. I got a call today from the Macy's Parade at Universal...not the whole parade..as it finds it hard to coordinate and make a phone call...but a coordinator who speaks for the parade. I was offered Rollerblading clown. That's right...Eric got the ever coveted position of rollerblader. I get 10.80 an hour verses 7.15. It's cool. Then I told them about Scrooge and they told me they have to get back with me to make sure that the 2 Sundays I have to miss aren't so big a deal as to take away my role. If they call back and say that it is..then I will tell them I can probably get out of one of them..and then call in one of them. These are the days of my life now. Everyone pray for me...cause if I get this job...you get presents. On a related note...I said happy holidays to someone today on my way out of the grocery store...and I got all giddy with holiday cheer. There's a chill in the air, candy canes on every shelf, the smell of pumpkin pies and cinnamon and gingerbread fill the air in publix. I love this time of year. Sure...I don't get to scare people...and it's no Halloween...but what is. Christmas has a singular charm I wouldn't trade. I love you guys. Blog later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yipee. we gotta do something holiday cheer related. i am so excited about christmas! hooray!

Alyson said...

yay....love you too! (assuming "you guys" includes me).

Anonymous said...

awww...Eric's warm and fuzzy. =]
YAY! Christmas! And money! Do you realize that, in the event CVS ever gives me the raise I earned in July by becoming certified, you would still be making more then me? How nuts is that? Nuts enough to make me want to work at Universal. (Like how I answered my own question? Eh?) =] YAY! Eric!