Sunday, June 19, 2005

Signs Of The Week To Come...Or It Could Just Be A Sore Throat


DISCLAIMER!!- The following post may offend some of the more religious folks who read my blog. Get over it.

So I have a nagging sore throat. I am not sure if that is a sign of what is on it's way..or maybe just allergies. My mother made me go to church with the family today. It was almost as painful as I had imagined it being. I understand why some people need to sit in a room for an hour and listen to mediocre music while someone stands up and interprets every word of every passage of a book...I understand that. But why must it be forced on me. I can interpret it for myself. I did get a kick out of the fact that my mother lied to get me there and the whole surmon turned out to be about not lieing. That was fun. Something I learned today...Every song in church will contain atleast 1 of the following.
1. Jesus repeated atleast 2 times concecutively (ex. Chorus: "Jesus, Jesus, I do believe Jesus.")
2. Entire choruses consisting of no more than 2 sentences repeated 3 times each. (ex. "I need you every hour of the day, I need you every hour of the day, I need you every hour of the day. Oh Lord I do believe. I do believe. I do believe."
3. An entire group of people singing with total lack luster expresions on their faces. (This could also apply to school choruses but I thought it was applicable due to the fact that I swear I saw a woman nod off while singing the 15th verse of "Oh God Thou Art Mighty" or some other equally religious hymn.

If you notice any of these things look around...you are probably in a church. Drop a dollar in the collection plate, don't make eye contact, and back out slowly. You will be damned for all enternity but...you'll have sunday morning off.

That's right...I'm going to hell. See ya there Judgmental Judy and Witty Wally.

On other topics...I still have no job. It is going to work out..but it will take time. ALSO..I should really learn how to act before I take on leading roles of totally different characters than myself. With all of that said...I am going to go and try to learn the rest of Cabaret Act 1. We are supposed to be off book by Tuesday night. I know about half of Act one...which is 13 of the 18 scenes in the show. So..not bad. Now if I can just develop a character. Blogatcha later!

No comments: