Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I'm Not Always On Time, Please Don't Expect That From Me


So I ended up not going to work today cause I didn't set my alarm. I woke up with just enough time to call them before I got seriously pointed. So I called. Then my plan was to make lemonade out of those lemons and sleep as late as I could and then clean the house REALLY REALLY WELL...then my mother showed up here at 9 a.m. woke me up and told me that she was going to be occupying the house today. She is planning on working in the kitchen paying bills and such..the center of the house. God times. So cleaning the kitchen, mopping, vaccuming...all out..until like 5 o'clock this afternoon when I have no desire at all to do them and she tells me that I need to do them...and I don't want to then cause she just told me to. Ah..the joys of parental closeness..physically. How she annoyed me the most this morning was walking in and saying,

Mom- "Eric this place is a mess."
Me- "My plan today was to clean all day and get the place looking as respectable as possible."
Mom- "Well it needs to be done."
Me- "I just haven't had time. Today I do"
Mom- "Well you need to start finding time."
Devil on Eric's Shoulder- "You know how easy it would be to slip something to knock her out for the rest of the day."
Angel on Eric's Shoulder- "Yeah..for God's Sake...do it."
Me- "Mom do you want a Pepsi?"

Ok...so the whole end of that conversation didn't happen....but everything up to "start finding time" was there. Grrr. Rehearsal shall set me free. Several people last night told me that Terrance likes me..That bodes well for me. YAY. I'll blog later.

No comments: