Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Little more than a passing sigh

So this is how it ends.  20 months of every emotion known to man, beauty, ugliness, pain, and healing.  Gone in not even a flash, not even a fizzle.  You'd think there would be a boiling vortex of tears, a clap of angry confrontational thunder, a barrage of heart shattering hail....but no....there was nothing.  Just a gentle fade...like the tide going out and being replaced by a wash of emptiness and a world blurring fog.  I know eventually the fog will fade and my world will return to the bright colors I am accustomed to but for now the dull mush of a world I am left with is somehow both jagged and soft at the same time.  I feel a scream would offer closure...tears would wash the pain from my face....but all I have found is an all consuming numbness.

No comments: