Monday, September 12, 2005

You're Not So Great A Guy, Charlie Brown


So auditions went wonderfully...it's the casting that wasn't so great. Billy and I were marvelous Charlie Brown's...easily the best ones there. Unfortunately the musical director's son was auditioning and said he would only accept Charlie Brown. If he didn't get to do the show then his mother wouldn't do the show and then we wouldn't get to do the show at all. I ended up cast as Shroeder, Billy as Linus, Tracy as Lucy, and Andrew as Snoopy. The four of us are going to rock..and the patty is gonna be good too. Charlie Brown...not quite as much. We are currently doing the original rather than the revival...so I don't have the kick ass song. I am of course reffering to Beethoven Day. I am going to fight for that one to get put in. Cause I can sing it...and it rocks...and I wanna sing it...and that's that. So anyway...I'll blog later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Eric I am so glad that I will see you back at WET again (even though I graduated and moved onto Stetson Theatre; whick Rocks BTW).
Congrats to all of you!

Chris

Anonymous said...

The premise that you didn't get the part of Charlie Brown because the muscial director would not do the job unless her son got the part is VERY high school of you. It is NOT the truth of the matter and if you would have asked me about what the deal was, if you had thought this one through, you wouldn't have publicly slammed both me as the director of your show and the musical director of your show and the guy who got the part you wanted so badly.

So why did you accept the part? Why did you audition if you thought the show was crappy.

I have an understudy for your role. Would you like to meet him?