Monday, May 25, 2009

Tear Away Sleeves

I hate that I wear my heart on a tear away sleeve and constantly ask people to tug away. I hate that I can get completely invested in a day. I hate who I am when it comes to dating. Relationships...I'm great. In theory. I mean I've only had one real one...and it was only 3 months long. I was young and completely head over heals in love...like I am...and he was afraid of relationships..and as soon as there was no way of avoiding calling what we had a relationship he ended it. Now I find myself again dealing with bad timing. I met someone amazing. Dare I say, perfect. The unicorn of the gay dating world. He managed to describe everything that I am looking for for my future in ONE date. We hit it off fantastically. One problem...he's moving in 2 months. We talked about it and decided to see what the next 2 months held. Then 2 days later...2 flirty beginnings of relationship days later and 1 odd restrained day of texting..he asks me if we can stay platonic. All I can imagine is that it is because he DOES like me and the thought that 2 months down the road we would have to part ways if things go as well as they could isn't very appealing. I don't know. I just hate that I am the way I am sometimes. I won't change it..I couldn't if I tried. But it does make me want to scream and cry and throw things. I won't...but it makes me want to. So I turn to my blog for comfort...as I so often do. We have agreed to talk about it tomorrow. I have solid points to support my side...but the bottom line is that if he doesn't want to see if there is anything here...he doesn't have to....and I can only support so long before I have to let it go..along with my sleeve.

No comments: